February 02, 2023
- The company is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team in this newly developed role. Must demonstrate ability to easily adapt to the changing market and consistently seek and deliver new business growth opportunities. To help the company take actionable steps to improve their performance and grow the business. The position requires an individual who is organized and has demonstrated the ability to support multiple pursuits. Key focus on improving efficiencies within the sales development process. The individual must be eager to build new customer relationships to promote our company and expand brand awareness.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions
- Responsible for expanding client relationships and targeting business growth opportunities for all business lines.
- Collaborate with President to develop a strategy to accomplish the retention and acquisition of clients/markets, focusing on our value add as “expert advisors.”
- Analyze, understand, and document market trends, including knowledge of our competitors.
- Consistently meet business growth objectives.
- Lead horizontal branding and integration strategy within the line of business and between all lines of business to maximize performance of the company’s platform.
- Create and implement effective business development plans to support sales.
- Formulate and negotiate contracts with clients/customers. Ensure consistency of service delivery that meets Martin guidelines.
- Provide effective presentations to leadership team, employees, and prospects/clients; public, private, institutional, or individual.
- Prepare and submit standard sales pipeline reports to the relevant departments/managers.
- Establish network of local professionals within the greater Lansing and Grand Rapids community with the goal of growing our business.
- Provide for the recruitment, selection, and retention of high caliber Sales Associates for the Brokerage Business Line.
- Engage with marketing department including assisting with developing strategy and marketing plan, shaping marketing materials and programs to elevate the brand.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Represents company at highest standards of professionalism.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of flexibility, adaptable to changing demands.
- Self-directed; able to prioritize tasks and manage daily work assignments.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Works independently as well as with a team.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong business development & relationship-building skills; Ability to connect with customers/clients; cold calling & networking.
- Excellent communicator – able to interact with people at all levels in a confident and professional manner, in both written and verbal form.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field. (Required)
- At least two years sales experience in a related industry
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel.
- Familiar with the local market is a plus
- Flexibility to work some evenings (i.e., for events/networking)
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Those activities associated with general office work including but not limited to sitting, walking, standing, talking, or hearing, for long periods of time. Using hands to write, key, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Other activities include reaching, stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to present an illustration of the range of duties, the scope of responsibility and the required level of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. Job descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed by those assigned to this classification as other duties may be assigned.
BenefitsHealth Insurance, PTO, 401K