Martin is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our team and assist with professional accounting activities in support of the Company’s Property Management department. Position is responsible for the management of the accounts receivable cycle including interdepartmental, client and tenant communication. Will also assist in the professional accounting activities encompassing all facets of the accounts payable cycle including interdepartmental, client and vendor communication. Candidates must live in the Lansing area as this an onsite position.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions
- Inputs Invoices into Yardi, routes to appropriate personnel for the weekly Property Management Check Run.
- Manages the weekly Property Management Check Run reporting, printing, and mailing process.
- Scan all tenant rent checks and post ACH payments for Property Management department.
- Prepare bank deposits for Property Management clients as needed.
- Ensures debt service requirements are satisfied and balances are reconciled to general ledger.
- Process all summer and winter real estate tax bills.
- Answers questions from department team members regarding various accounting issues and reports, including payables reports.
- Makes all online payments in accordance to established ACH process and posts activity to General Ledger.
- Collect all supporting documentation, prepare monthly spreadsheets and post recurring journal entries for Corporate Credit Cards.
- Serve as backup for setting up lease and billing information for new and current tenants in property management accounting software.
- Assists with yearly 1099/1096’s reporting for all Property Management department vendors.
- Prepares monthly Property Management Client Billbacks, including reconciliation of monthly spreadsheet and invoice preparation.
- Maintains the Health Benefits spreadsheet for posting in Yardi and tracking of reconciling items.
- Serves as Yardi Expert for PayScan Finance Manager Module.
- Attends regular training sessions as needed to keep up to date on new accounting implementations and changes.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of flexibility, adaptable to changing demands.
- Timely, punctual, positive team player.
- Strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgement calls as appropriate for the role.
- Commitment to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Self-starter and can work well independently as well as with the team.
- Through software utilization and automation, ability to contribute to continued process improvement.
- Excellent communicator – able to interact with people at all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to quickly learn other company utilized systems, programs and software.
- Team player – with a team-oriented experience and approach.
- Excited about the real estate industry.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. (Preferred)
- Minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training. (Preferred)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, financial terms, basic financial analysis.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Those activities associated with general office work including but not limited to sitting, walking, standing, talking, or hearing, for long periods of time. Using hands to write, key, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Other activities include reaching, stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to present an illustration of the range of duties, the scope of responsibility and the required level of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. Job descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed by those assigned to this classification as other duties may be assigned.
BenefitsHealth, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Life Insurance