Supports the Property Management Department in the physical aspect of managing all facets of single property or portfolio investments in commercial, industrial, office, retail, and multi family. This includes weeding, sweeping, snow removal and other grounds related tasks.
• Properly maintains managed properties in accordance with company grounds policy.
• Responsible for meeting departmental and company objectives and timelines.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
• Completes required grounds maintenance items which include, but are not limited to, trash collection and disposal, emptying ash urns and disposal of debris, maintaining clean entrances to buildings, straightening parking lot and property signage.
• Removes weeds from landscape beds, sidewalks and parking areas, parking lot sweeping, trimming shrubs, removing debris from exterior drains (spring/summer).
• Monitors and adjusts irrigation system as needed.
• Removes snow and ice from sidewalk & building entrances, applies salt as well as cleaning up excess salt (winter).
• Operates and maintains grounds equipment and snow removal equipment.
• Reports to Senior Maintenance Technicians: any unusual circumstances (such as sinkholes, light outages, abandoned vehicles, broken windows, damaged doors,
etc.); any concerns related to contracted services (such as lawn maintenance, fertilization, snow removal, etc.)
• Completes work orders and preventative maintenance logs and reports properly.
Non-Essential Job Functions/Duties
• Responds promptly, professionally and courteously to all Senior Maintenance Technician/Real Estate Manager/Assistant Real Estate Manager needs and
• Interacts occasionally with tenants, vendors, employees and sometimes with property owners while on site. Appropriately refers inquiries to office as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable work vehicle and a current automobile insurance policy
• High school diploma
• 1 to 2 years’ grounds maintenance experience, preferred
• Must be able to carry tools.
• Must be able to operate equipment such as: leaf blower, snow blower, salt
• Must be able to lift & carry materials such as: 50-pound salt bags, full trash bags,
landscape debris, lumber and or construction materials, etc.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual must have a strong work ethic and be committed to the task each day.
• Must be able to work with varying personalities.
• Must be willing to collaborate and compromise and take direction well.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to present an illustration of the range of duties, the scope of responsibility and the required level of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. Job descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed by those assigned to this classification as other duties may be assigned.