Manages multiple portfolios and/or single building opportunities. Supervises all property management and maintenance personnel. Responsible for all facets of performance and owner communication including but not limited to operations, financial, marketing and leasing.
- Oversees all management responsibilities for administrative staff, assistant property managers, property managers, maintenance team.
- Works closely with leasing and accounting personnel to maximize communication, enhance policy and procedures and drive revenue development.
- Responsible for meeting departmental, customer service, performance and company goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Drives new business development strategy in conjunction with Senior Managing Director (SMD).
- Assesses existing talent and organization chart. Develops and recruits top quality property management personnel.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Develops, recommends, implements and evaluates annual budget and key business line goals.
- Approves all property budgets.
- Directs leasing towards ownership objectives; drives results.
- Communicates regularly with clients, tenants and internal staff.
- Work processing – work orders, preventive maintenance work, capital work, project management, move in and move out coordination and communication, direct internal staff and third parties to perform routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintains and updates preventative maintenance logs and follows up accordingly.
- Prepares/approves lease language, lease proposal forms, lease document, communication to tenant/leasing representative, and all contracts.
- Prepares monthly written report to include in month end owner package put together in conjunction with accounting.
- Prepares ProCalc assessment and submits with each lease proposal.
- Approves all renewals in conjunction with client.
- Routes/authorizes payments from client operating account. Follows up on all accounts receivable.
- Oversees vendor bidding process and reviews all contracts. Manages vendor relationships and performance.
- Works in conjunction with SMD and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on policy and procedure and document revisions to achieve best in class status annually.
Non-essential Job Functions/Duties
- Utilizes a proactive approach when dealing with investment objectives – communicates, provides ideas, and insights to drive bottom line profitability.
- Provides advice and routes clients appropriately to other service lines should the need arise: i.e. Investment Properties, Energy Management and Sustainability, Debt and Equity, Valuation and Appraisal, niche groups, etc.
- All other tasks related to the assigned portfolio and company objectives.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Seven years’ industry experience, three in a leadership/employee oversight role.
- Commercial designation is preferred (CPM, ARM, LEED AP, ACoM).
- This position is responsible for the supervision of 20+ Property Management and Maintenance team members.
- Those activities associated with general office work including but not limited to sitting, walking, standing, talking or hearing, for long periods of time. Using hands to write, key, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Other activities include reaching, stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Due to the nature of the position, we are expecting this employee to work on-site in East Lansing regularly upon hire. However, as cultural and systemic onboarding stabilizes, we plan for this employee to spend a portion of their week in the marketplace driving new business development. As such, we encourage non-Lansing residents to consider this opportunity so long as they understand the balance of a commute vs. days marketing in their city of residence. Schedule will be determined by company Leadership.
- Ability to solve problems, multitask and work with varying personalities.
- Superior customer service, communication and follow through skills.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of policy, procedures, and business practices to achieve complex results.
- Strong work ethic and be committed to the task each day as the position is heavily relied on.
- Non-standard working hours may apply.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to present an illustration of the range of duties, the scope of responsibility and the required level of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. Job descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed by those assigned to this classification as other duties may be assigned.